Principles of Marketing Important Questions
Gauahti University B.Com 5th Sem CBCS Pattern
Table of Contents
Unit – I: Introduction to Marketing
1. Define market and marketing? State its objectives and importance in today’s world. 2017
2. Explain the nature and Scope of marketing. 2018
3. Explain the various functions of marketing. 2014, 2015
4. Distinguish between Marketing and Selling. 2016, 2019
5. Write a note on the traditional and modern concept of marketing and also distinguish between them. Briefly discuss the five different concepts of marketing. 2016, 2019
6. What is Marketing Mix? What are the elements of marketing mix? Explain them briefly. (7 P’s) 2016, 2019
7. What is Marketing Mix? What are the factors affecting Marketing Mix? Discuss. 2018
8. What do you mean by marketing environment? What are the different kinds of marketing environment? Explain the various forces which influence marketing environment. 2014, 2016, 2018
9. Explain the growth and future of marketing in India. 2015, 2017
Unit – II: Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Segmentation
1. What is consumer behaviour (Consumer Buying Behaviour)? State its characteristic. Explain the importance of consumer behaviour. 2015, 2016, 2017
2. What are various stages in Consumer Buying Process? What are the Personal, Psychological and Social factors that influence consumer behaviour? 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019
3. What do you mean by market segmentation? Discuss its objectives and importance to a marketer in big country like India.
4. What is Market Segmentation? What factors involved in market segmentation? 2018
5. What are the bases of market segmentation? 2014, 2016, 2019
6. Distinguish between product differentiation and market segmentation. 2017
7. Define target marketing, test marketing and product positioning.
8. What is product positioning? Explain its importance and bases.
Gauhati University Marketing Management Solved Question Papers:
Unit – III: Product Planning and Pricing
1. What do you mean by product planning and development? What are its objectives? State the factors to be considered while developing new product.
2. What do you mean by product? State the characteristics of product. Discuss the various stages of a new product development. 2015, 2016, 2019
3. What is product life cycle? Explain the different stages of product life cycle (PLC). What is marketing house strategy at each stage? 2016, 2018
4. What is Packaging? Explain its role and functions. Mention it features. 2015, 2018
5. What is brand name and trade mark? Explain their relative merits and demerits.
6. Describe in brief the various components of Product planning. Distinguish between product standardization and product simplification. 2017
7. Write short notes on: (a) Brand Name (b) Trade Mark (2018) (c) After Sales Service (d) PLC (e) Brand Name vs. Trade Mark (2018) (f) Various types of Products (g) Sales forecasting (h) Product simplification
Unit – IV: Pricing, Distribution Channels and Physical Distribution
1. What do you mean by price? What are the various objectives of pricing? Explain the importance of pricing. 2017
2. Write a detailed note on various pricing methods. 2015, 2018
3. What are the factors affecting price of a product or service? 2016, 2017, 2019
4. What do you mean by distribution channel? What are the different factors that need to be considered while selecting a distribution channel? 2014, 2016, 2019
5. What are various types of Distribution channel? Explain them with examples. Explain the role of distribution channel and how it can be improved. 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
6. What is physical distribution of goods? Explain its significance. Discuss various components of transportation mix.
7. What is retailing and e-retailing? What are its various types?
8. Explain the role of retailer and wholesalers in marketing management.
Unit – V: Promotion and recent developments in marketing
1. What do you mean by promotion? Explain the need for promotional activities. What are the various methods/components of promotion? 2019
2. Discuss the various elements of promotion mix. How is a Sales promotion programme designed? 2017
3. What is promotion mix? What are their importances? Explain the factors influencing promotional mix.
4. What are the commonly used media in advertising? State their advantages and disadvantages. 2014
5. Explain the concept of personal selling. What are its advantages and disadvantages? 2015, 2019
6. What is Sales promotion? Discuss objectives and importance of sales promotion. Distinguish between personal selling and advertisement. 2018
7. Distinguish between ‘sales promotion’ and ‘advertising’. Describe the various methods of sales promotion. 2014, 2016
8. Write a brief note on recent developments in marketing – Social Marketing, online marketing, direct marketing, services marketing, green marketing, Rural marketing; Consumerism.