In this article, we are going to discouss about Micro Economics Important Questions B.Com 5th Sem Non Hons, CBCS Pattern
Unit I: Demand and Consumer Behaviour
1. Define demand for a commodity. Explain the various factors which determine demand for a commodity.
2. Define supply of a commodity. What are the factors which determine supply of a commodity?
3. Distinguish between movement along a demand curve and shift in demand curve. What are the factors which cause shift in the demand curve?
4. Distinguish between movement along a supply curve and shift in supply curve. What are the factors which cause shift in the supply curve?
5. Explain the relationship price of a commodity and its quantity supplied. Discuss how market equilibrium is determined at the intersection of market demand and market supply curves. 2021
6. Define equilibrium price and equilibrium quantity. How they are determined?
7. What is law supply? What are the assumptions necessary for explanation of the law of supply? Explain the individual supply curve and the market supply curve with diagram. 2018
8. Practical Problems on Elasticity of demand and supply.
1. What is Elasticity of Demand? What are its determinants (2013, 2016SN)? What are various types of elasticity of demand? Mention various degrees of elasticity with diagram. 2013, 2017, 2018
2. Explain any one method of measuring price elasticity of demand with the help of numerical example. 2012, 2020
3. What is price elasticity of demand? What are its determinants? Explain the importance of price elasticity of demand. 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2021
4. What is cross elasticity of demand (2015SN)? Discuss the importance of cross elasticity of demand in business decision making (2018SN). 2013, 2017
5. What is Income elasticity of demand? Discuss the importance of income elasticity of demand in business decision making. 2015
6. What is law supply? What are the assumptions necessary for explanation of the law of supply? Explain the individual supply curve and the market supply curve with diagram. 2018
7. What is Elasticity of Supply? Mention its determinants. 2014, 2016
Also Read: Micro Economics Question Paper’ 2020 | Gauhati University | CBCS Pattern
Micro Economics Important Questions B.Com 1st Sem Hons, CBCS Pattern
Micro Economics Important Questions B.Com 5th Sem Non Hons, CBCS Pattern
Principles of Micro Economics Solved Question Paper 2021 (Dibrugarh University)
Unit 2: Consumer Theory
1. What is a consumer preference? What are the assumptions about consumer preferences?
2. What is an indifference curve? Explain the main properties of an indifference curve. What are the assumptions on which indifference curve analysis of a demand is based? 2020
3. Explain why consumer’s difference curve have negative slope, do not intersect and are convex to the origin.
4. What is consumer’s equilibrium? Explain with the indifference curve and budget constraint how a consumer attains equilibrium. 2021
5. Define income effect and substitution effect. Explain how price effect of a commodity is decomposed into income effect and substitution effect. 2021
6. What is budget line? What does it intercept on X-axis show? What does its intercept on Y-axis show? What does slope of the budget line measure?
7. What is price consumption curve? What is the relationship between price consumption curve and price elasticity of demand? Derive demand curve from price consumption curve.
8. What is law of Demand? How would you explain it with substitution effect and income effect? Mention the assumptions which are necessary for law of demand analysis (2012).
Unit 3: Production and Cost
1. Explain with diagram the law of variable proportion. In which stage output is decided? 2012, 2015, 2018, 2020, 2021
2. What is an isoquant? Explain its properties. Identify the economic region of production with the help of isoquant curve. 2012, 2013(SN), 2014, 2015(SN), 2016, 2018
3. Discuss the laws of returns to scale. Discuss the causes of increasing return to scale (2016SN, 2018SN) and decreasing return to scale. 2013
4. How are laws of returns to scale different from laws of variable proportions? 2019
5. What do you mean by internal (2012SN) and external economies (2017SN)? Explain the different factors responsible for it. Distinguish between the internal and external economies of scale. 2013, 2015, 2019, 2021
6. What do you mean by economies and diseconomies of large-scale production? Discuss the different factors influencing economies and diseconomies of large-scale production. 2017
7. What is called production expansion path (2017SN)? Discuss how it can be expressed with the help of budget line and iso-product curve. 2014, 2016
1. Explain the concept of total fixed cost, total variable costs, total costs and average cost. How they are related to each other? Distinguish between fixed costs and variable costs relevant in the long run and short run.
2. Write the meaning of ‘optimal combination’ of factor of production. Explain the equilibrium of a firm with the help of isoquant and isocost lines. (Write both output maximization and cost minimization.)
3. Discuss about optimum factor combination of a business firm with the help of diagram. 2017
4. Explain how a technological change affects ling-run cost curves. Distinguish between process innovation and product innovation.
Unit 4: Market Structure
Part A: Perfect Competition
1. What is perfectly competitive market? What are its characteristics and Assumptions? Explain the process of price-output determination, under perfect competition. 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2021
2. Analyse the short run and long run equilibrium of a business firm under perfect competition with the help of suitable diagram. 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021
3. Analyse the short run and long run equilibrium of an industry under perfect competition with the help of suitable diagram. 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
4. Define normal price. Diagrammatically explain how normal price is determined. Why does a firm under perfect competition make only normal profit in the long run
5. Explain how a firm under perfect competition attains equilibrium with normal profit, super-normal profit and loss in the short run. 2021
6. Write a brief note on various classification of markets.
7. Distinguish between Perfect Competition, Monopoly and Monopolistic Competition.
Part B: Monopoly
1. What is monopoly market? What are its features? How does a monopolist determine the price of his commodity under condition of price discrimination? Illustrate your answer with suitable diagram. 2020
2. Describe how a monopolist determines his profit-maximizing output and price in the long-run. How can monopoly power be measured? 2019
3. Explain with diagram how price and output are determined under monopoly. 2020
4. What is price discrimination? Discuss the types of price discrimination with examples. Discuss the conditions of price discrimination. 2019, 2021
5. Under what conditions price discrimination is profitable? Is price discrimination socially justified?
Unit 5: Imperfect Competition (Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly)
1. What is monopolistic Competition? What are its features?
2. Discuss the price-output determination under monopolistic competition both in short and long run. 2021
3. Illustrate how a firm in monopolistic competition reaches its equilibrium in the short-run. Can economic efficiency be attained in monopolistic competition? Discuss. 2019
4. What is meant by product differentiation? Explain with the help of diagram the ‘individual equilibrium’ and ‘group equilibrium’ under monopolistic competition. 2020
5. What is Oligopoly? Mention the main features of oligopoly. What factors cause the emergence of oligopoly? 2021
6. Explain how a cartel determines price and output under collusive oligopoly. 2020
7. Why does price leadership sometimes evolve in oligopolistic markets? Explain how the price leader determines a profit-maximizing price. 2019