Investing in Stock Market Important Questions
Gauhati University B.Com 1st Sem
Unit 1: Investing Fundamentals
1. What is investment? Explain various features of an ideal investment. 2020
2. What are various avenues available for investment? Explain them briefly. 2019
3. What are equity shares? Explain its features, advantages and disadvantages. 2020
4. What are preference shares? Explain its features, advantages and disadvantages.
5. What are Debentures? Explain its features, advantages and disadvantages.
6. What are bonds? Explain its features, advantages and disadvantages. 2020
7. What is capital market? What are its features? 2020
8. What are various types of capital market? Distinguish between primary and secondary market. 2020
9. Explain in detail various functions of capital market (Primary market and Secondary market). 2019
10. Write a brief note on dos and don’ts in stock market.
11. Who are brokers and sub-brokers? Explain their role in securities market.
12. What are various types of order in stock market? Distinguish between limit and market order.
13. What is SEBI? Explain in detail its various functions and role. 2019
14. What is Primary Market? Mention its Features.
15. What is Secondary Market? Mention its Features.
14. Write short notes on:
a) IPO and FPO 2019
b) Participants of securities market
c) BSE, NSE and MCX
d) Process of Investment
e) Difference between Equity Shares and Preference Shares
f) Shares and Stocks – Meaning and Difference
Unit 2: Stock Analysis and Valuation
1. What is online stock trading? Elaborate the advantages and disadvantages of online stock trading. 2020
2. Explain the procedure of buying and selling of securities in the stock market. 2019
3. Mention the common steps to be followed for investment in mutual fund online. 2020
4. What is company analysis? Explain the various tools used for the analysis in the future prospect of a company. 2019
5. What is fundamental? Explain its Significance and Limitations.
6. What is Technical Analysis? What are its assumptions? Mention the merits and demerits of technical analysis.
7. Mention the four ratios generally used by investors to evaluate the performance of a company.
8. What points are taken into consideration while fundamental analysis of a company?
9. Write a brief note on the points that are to be taken into consideration while technical analysis.
10. Write short notes:
a) PE Ratio, High PE ratio and Low PE ratio stocks
b) Valuation of stocks
c) Moving average in technical analysis
d) Demat Account
e) Intraday Trading, Positional Trading and Long Term Investment
f) Diffrence Between Fundamental Analysis and Technical Analysis
g) Fundmental Analysis
h) Technical Analysis
i) Difference between Fundamental and Technical Analysis
Unit 3: Investing in Mutual Funds
1. What is a mutual fund? Explain its features.
2. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of mutual funds. 2019, 2020
3. What are various types of mutual funds? Explain them briefly. 2020
4. What are the factors that are to be taken into consideration while selecting a mutual fund? 2019
5. What is CRISIL? Explain various advantages of mutual fund ratings?
6. Write a brief note on Constitution and Management of Mutual Funds In India
6. Short note:
a) Sponsor, Trustees, AMC and Custodian
b) NAV 2020
d) Money Market Mutual Fund
e) History of Mutual fund 2019
f) Equity fund vs debt fund
g) Load fund and no-load fund
h) Open Ended and Closed Ended Fund
Unit 4: Understanding Derivatives
1. What are derivatives contracts? What are its various types? Explain the significance and problems of derivative contracts.
2. What are future and forward contracts? Distinguish between them.
3. What are forward contracts? Explain the usage of forward contracts. 2020
4. What are Options in derivatives contracts? What are its types? Distinguish between call option and put option.
5. What is Swap? What are its various types?
6. What are Commodity derivatives? Explain the procedure of trading on MCX in commodities derivatives.
7. What are currency derivatives? Explain the procedure of trading in currency derivatives.
8. Write Short note on:
a) Call option vs Put option
b) Futures vs Options 2020
c) Future Contracts vs forward Contracts
d) Various participants of derivatives market 2019