Company Question Paper’ 2021 (Held in 2022)
Gauhati University B.Com 3rd Sem, CBCS Pattern
2021 (Held in 2022)
Paper: COM-RC-3016 (Company Law)
Full Marks: 80
Time: Three hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. (A) Choose the most appropriate answer from the given options in respect of the following: 1×5=5
(1) Which one of the following is not a characteristic of joint stock company?
(a) Independent legal entity.
(b) Perpetual succession.
(c) Common seal.
(d) Ultimate liability.
(2) Which document contains the rule regarding internal management of a company?
(a) Memorandum of Association.
(b) Articles of Association.
(d) Statutory books.
(3) The minimum number of director in a public company is
(4) According to the Companies Act, a company has to keep its books of accounts in
(a) Head office.
(b) Registered office.
(c) All the branch offices.
(d) All of the above offices.
(5) Which of the following parties cannot appeal for winding up of a company?
(a) Registrar of companies.
(b) Debtors of the company.
(c) Creditors of the company.
(d) Central government.
(B) State whether the following statements are True or False: 1×5=5
(1) The capital clause of a Memorandum cannot be altered.
(2) The Articles of Association establishes the relationship between the company and the outside world.
(3) The minimum number of person required to form a company is one.
(4) The minimum number of members that must be present for a valid meeting is called ‘quorum’.
(5) Dividend can be paid in cheque.
2. Give brief answer to the following: 2×5=10
(1) Define company.
(2) What is meant by ‘prospectus’?
(3) State the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 relating to appointment of women directors.
(4) What is interim dividend?
(5) State the meaning of whistle blowing in the context of a company.
3. Answer any four questions from the following: 5×4=20
(1) Explain the basic features of a joint stock company.
(2) Explain the procedure of issue of bonus share by a company.
(3) Examine the legal position of the director of a company.
(4) Describe in brief the procedure of appointment of auditors in a public company.
(5) What is meant book building? What are different steps involved in book building process?
(6) Differentiate between Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association.
4. Elaborately discuss about different types of companies that can be formed under the Companies Act, 2013. 10
Describe in detail, about different stages involved in the formation of a company. 10
5. What is Memorandum of Association? What are its different clauses? Explain. 2+8=10
What is meant by allotment of shares? Examine in detail, about the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 relating to allotment of shares. 2+8=10
6. Discuss the powers and duties of directors under the Companies Act, 2013. 10
What is dividend? Explain the statutory provisions relating to declaration and payment of dividend. 2+8=10
7. Under what circumstances a company can be would up? Also state the procedure to be followed in case of winding up of a company. 4+6=10
Write a detailed note on different types of company meetings. 10