Gauhati University B.Com 1st Sem Question Papers
4 (Sem–1/CBCS) BUSL
BUSINESS LAWS’ 2019 (Honours)
Full Marks: 80
Time: Three hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
Answer either in English or in Assamese
1. (a) Choose the correct option from the following: 1×5=5
1) An agreement to procure a Government job is a/an
2) Who among the folio Wing appoints a sub-agent?
c) Both (a) and (b).
d) Third person.
3) The Sale of Goods Act, 1930 came force on
a)1st May, 1930.
b)1st June, 1930.
c)1st July, 1930.
d)1st July, 1931.
4) Registration of partnership firm is
c) Both (a) and (b).
d) None of the above.
5) Who appoints the Central Information Commissioner?
a) The Prime Minister of India.
b) The President of India.
c) The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
d) None of them.
(b) State whether the following statements are correct or incorrect: 1×5=5
1) The Indian Contract Act came into effect from 1st September, 1872.
2) A contract of life insurance is an indemnity contract.
3) Sale is an executed contract.
4) The paying banker has no right to dishonour a cheque.
5) A promissory note can be crossed.
Also Read: Gauhati University Business Laws Question Papers
1. Business Laws Question Paper 2019
2. Business Laws Question Paper 2020
3. Business Laws Question Paper 2021 (Held in 2022)
2. Answer the following questions in brief: 2×5=10
a) Who can cross a cheque?
b) What is contract?
c) Write two rights of surety.
d) Write two essentials elements of a contract of sale.
e) Write two differences between partnership and co-ownership.
3. Answer any four of the following questions: 5×4=20
a) Briefly state the various kinds of contract on the basis of validity.
b) Explain the duties of bailee.
c) State the essential elements of partnership.
d) Explain the different types of goods under the Sale of Goods Act, 1930.
e) Distinguish between cheque and bill of exchange.
f) Discuss with examples the rules relating to contingent contract.
4. Discuss with examples the essential elements of a valid contract. 10
Discuss the different types of void agreements under the Indian Contract Act, 1872.
5. (a) Distinguish between a contract of indemnity and a contract of guarantee. 5
(b) Briefly discuss the rights of an agent. 5
Who is an unpaid seller? Discuss the rights of an unpaid seller. 2+8=10
6. (a) State the features of Limited Liability Partnership. 4
(b) Discuss the advantages of Limited Liability Partnership. 6
State the rights and duties of a partner under the Indian Partnership Act, 1932. 10
7. (a) Under what circumstances the banker must refuse payment of cheques? 5
(b) Briefly discuss the different kinds of endorsement. 5
What are the obligations of public authorities under the Right to Information Act, 2005? Discuss. 10